Dr. Debnath Palit, Associate Professor of Botany of this College is the Recognized Research Guide (Supervisor) in Conservation Biology under The University of Burdwan.
Candidates awarded Ph.D. Degree under guidance of Dr. Debnath Palit in 2016
1. Santanu Gupta (DST, Government of India, INSPIRE Fellow) 2016 “Assessment of Ecological and Socioeconomic Valuation of Wetlands in Birbhum District, West Bengal, India for conservation and sustainable use”.
2. Aparajita Mukherjee (2016) “Studies on the ecological and socio-economic services of wetlands to the rural people of Bankura district, West Bengal, India”
3. Debalina Kar (2016) “Phytoremediation of some selected wastelands in colliery belt of Raniganj, West Bengal, India”.
Candidates awarded Ph.D. Degree under guidance of Dr. Debnath Palit in 2020
1. Shiboram Banerjee (2015) Air quality monitoring using available plant species of Durgapur Industrial Township, West
Candidates registered under guidance of Dr. Debnath Palit for pursuing Ph.D Degree
2. Payel Majumder [DST, Government of India INSPIRE Fellow] (2013) Studies in microbial diversity through time of coal mine generated wastelands of West Bengal in understanding their role in soil reclamation.
3. Babli Garai (2015) Succession of plant diversity based on selected Pitlakes of Raniganj Coalfields,